Monday 5 August 2013

How could a stranger?



I have never been a good storyteller, let alone start a good warm fire for one either. There’s no sense of tranquillity when I slowly gaze on the margins of this tainted paper, just the thought of that ink sends shivers to my spine. Now thinking back; the feeling got me thinking if I would feel the same even when the doors of heaven opened… Would it be less or more?

Some things happen and they just leave you with many lingering questions. I have never thought that a stranger could be the one who picks me up when I fall and that he would be the one who puts a smile across my face. It was just like a puzzle, the picture just came together and everything seemed so clear. I now know what they mean when they say, “You find love in a hopeless place.”

I met my prince at a bus station; he looked so lost and confused. He took a step towards me and cleared is voice before he could utter a word. “Excuse me madam”, he said in a rather funny accent. For some reason I wanted to laugh at his strange twang. When I looked up, he had amagwinya and atchar in his hand. How did he know they were my favourite? “Care to join me?” he asked.

I don’t know how cupid operates but his factory manufactures products that bring nothing but bliss to its consumers. His arrow has got me in the arse. After all the drama I had last year surely I had to pick up the pieces and hope something good will come my way. Samu met me at my most vulnerable state; my heart was covered in a layer of soft iron. I had a flash outside but I was wearing a knight’s armour covering my skeleton and all my other defenceless organs.

Samu’s kindness and love cushioned my heart. Slowly but surely the iron inside me molten and before I even realised it my bloodstream was creating a fountain of love. Loving Samu wasn’t a part of the plan but love doesn’t ask why it speaks from the heart. My Cinderella story is different, my prince came to me bare foot and he was wearing a chino which gave his bum a flattering lift. He had no spear or bow and arrow to save me from the dreaded dragon but he has his love which saved me from my world of loneliness and rage.

I never thought I could ever love again. My past experience clouded my judgement and I lived in fear. I was so scared to get out of my cocoon and live life like everyone else. My future was opaque and bitter. Falling in love again was the best moment of my life. It has brought me nothing but out most joy. Like a pirate who has discovered treasure, in his heart I've found my worth. With love I believe in magic. The doors of heaven have just opened and I'm in ecstasy .





No comments:

Post a Comment